"Except for the point, the still point, there would be no dance, and there is only the dance." ~ T.S. Eliot in "Burnt Norton"

Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Next Ten Years and the Plenitude Economy

This seems to be making the rounds on Facebook and so I thought I would add it here. It begins to present a different way to approach the environment, something that I have talked about in my classes. Even though it shows the negative places our current (and past) ecological practices lead to, it also gives hope.


I'm also putting up this video by economist, Juliet Schor, which is a bit more about the solution. Ideas about community and how communities function will determine what the next ten years will look like and how the economy will be reshaped. Here is an hopeful version of what we can become...and hopefully are becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment