In light of our recent discussions on ecology and theology, we wanted to further explore the example of the Keystone Pipeline. Please watch the follow news clip, and consider the following discussion questions.
1. How do you feel about the Keystone Pipeline?
2. Do you believe its implementation is for the common good?
3. Do you think the Pipeline should be allowed to be built?
4. Which do you think is the more significant outcome, the potential environment ramifications, or the ability to provide cheaper oil for citizens, and lessening our dependence on the Middle East?
5. Do you think the construction of the Pipeline falls in line with Catholic Doctrine?
Please read the following article concerning Pope Francis and the environment and consider the following discussion question.
6. Moving forward, how do you think Pope Francis will play a role in environment issues such as this?